Getting the Perfect Shot
- Want to look effortlessly cool and confident in your Instagram photos? Of course, you do.
- Capturing the perfect pose (or action shot) is an art. But as they say, practice makes perfect.
- We’ve put together some of our favorite poses for guys to help you take your IG feed to the next level.
- Grab a friend to help, slide into your favorite pair of our men’s leggings, and get ready to strike a pose.
- Even if you’re not shredded like Chris Hemsworth in Thor, “The Superhero” pose will help you look swoll in front of the camera.
- The key is to take the shot from a low angle, which makes you look bigger and more imposing.
- Have a friend stand a few steps below you on a staircase or a hill. Direct the camera upward and snag the perfect shot.
- Oh, so you’re a master yogi?
- Our men’s leggings are perfect for yoga shots. They move with your body as you stretch, bend, and twist into those impressive postures.
- Grab your camera and a friend, and do your best backward bend, tree pose, or modified crow—like these boss Bulls of Matador.
- Leaning poses create a more natural shot, which makes it a great pose for beginners.
- It’s just easier to relax your body when you have the “security” of a surface to lean against.
- Try leaning against a wall with your arm or back against a wall. Or use a fence or arm rail for support.
- Everything’s better with a friend.
- Check out these Bulls showing off their Matador duds—frontside and backside.
- Notice how our guy’s leggings have wraparound paneling that makes your thighs look even more cut? Yeah, we did that on purpose.
- Crossed arm poses can send very different messages depending on which camera angle you choose and your facial expression and body language.
- Looking straight into the camera with a smile sends a friendly vibe. Looking away from the camera with arms crossed might suggest being deep in thought.
- Play around with it until you get the right look.
- If you’ve been working your booty off to get ripped like these Matador Bulls, posting progress pics can keep you motivated.
- Getting killer fitness shots requires good angles, good lighting, good equipment—and, of course, a great pair of men’s leggings.
- If you don’t have a friend to help, invest in a decent tripod.
- Pro tip: If you have a thin face, use a longer lens (150 mm); for a wide face, use a shorter lens (50mm).
Nothing will blow up your IG profile like a good action shot or some hardcore acrobatics.
If you’ve got some gravity-defying moves, get a friend to help you snap the perfect shot. Then post that bad boy on social media.
What makes a good selfie? For starters, good lighting and good angles. Here are some tips:
Find a clean mirror near good natural or artificial lighting.
Play around with poses until you find a flattering frame.
Relax. Contorting your body to make yourself look bigger just ends up looking weird.
Pay attention to what’s in the background, unless you want to end up with something embarrassing—like a funky gym urinal—in your shot.
This pose is sexy as hell and showcases your abs, pecs, and biceps.
It’s a simple pose to master. Stand tall with your hips shoulder-width apart, turn your head slightly to one side, and bring your hand to your forehead.
Gaze out at the horizon and square your jaw. Keep your mouth closed or lips slightly apart.
If your milkshake brings all the boys to the yard…
Better post that booty pop pic, like these Matador fans.
If you don’t have a friend to help you bag the perfect booty shot, use a mirror.
Play around with poses until you get the right angle.
Look over your shoulder.
Make “eye contact” by looking into the camera lens..
There’s a common rule in photography: “If it bends, bend it.”
Straight arms and legs are boring and unflattering.
Sitting or standing, bending one knee gives the shot dimension and makes it more interesting.
Awesome weightlifting shots require good timing. Here are some tips to snag an IG-worthy weightlifting photo:
Wait for the athlete to fully extend their hips to get maximum height and to highlight their technique.
Capture movement and intense facial expressions.
Get the weights in the frame!
People are going bonkers for downward gaze shots. You usually see women posing this way, but it’s a great angle for guys, too.
That’s because, like leaning poses, the downward gaze creates a more natural, authentic shot.
It’s easy to do. Stand up and relax your body, with your arms in a natural position. Look straight down, or slightly over your shoulder and down.
Naturey photos are always a winner—everyone loves a good romp in the woods. Next time you bag a killer peak, don’t forget to brag on social media.
Take the shot from a low angle to look more dominant, and face away from the camera to let the viewer take in the whole scene.
Don’t forget the rule of thirds—it makes photos more interesting. These Matador Bulls nailed it.
About Matador Meggings
- Matador Meggings is a unique athleisure fashion company that’s taking men’s athletic leggings to the next level. Our men’s leggings are designed specifically to fit, flatter, and support the male body.
- Our tights for men feature moisture-wicking performance fabric, two pockets (one open, one zippered), and a loop to secure your towel or shirt. The star of the show is our removable molded crotch cup, designed to keep you comfortable—and prevent any unwanted peen gawking.
- Together with our customers and fans, Matador Meggings is creating a supportive community focused on fitness, authenticity, and brotherhood.