In a world full of different workout clothing options, a new fan favorite emerges; compression pants. They’re comfortable, stylish, and well-priced, and once you wear them, you’ll never forget how good they feel.
Below are our top reasons to wear compression pants.
What are Compression Pants?
Compression pants can come in different forms, like men’s tights or men’s leggings, and they are usually associated with women, but there are leggings for guys as well. They are form-fitting and lightweight, meant for comfort and practicality. Not only can they be worn by themselves, but they can be worn underneath other articles of clothing for comfort.
Why Wear Compression Pants?
With all of the pants alternatives, one may be wondering why they should wear compression pants. What makes them so different from all of the other pant options? The reality is compression pants are a better alternative than normal pants because they offer several benefits.
One of the main reasons to wear compression pants is because of the comfort they offer. As fashion trends change, our pants seem to be growing tighter. While this may be considered ‘in’ and make you look slimmer, wearing tight pants can be very constricting and restricting, not to mention that tight pants can cut off the circulation to the lower half of your body, which can be uncomfortable and harmful.
Compression pants are meant to hug your body, not smother it. Not only do compression pants hold everything in place, but ultimately there is less chafing and more flexibility.
They are made with moisture-wicking material, which keeps your body dry. And because they’re flexible, you have the freedom to do any kind of activity you want while wearing them.
- Running: When you’re running, the skin of your thighs tends to brush together, which can create chafing and a rash. The material of the compression pants will cause less friction and help prevent chafing and a rash from forming. You also have full freedom of movement.
- Cycling: While cycling, loose clothing can be an issue because of its potential to get lodged in the chain. Compression pants make cycling a more pleasant and safer experience.
- Yoga: Yoga can involve some pretty extreme poses. While you can wear anything for yoga, compression pants can provide flexibility.
When purchasing pants, one of the biggest problems consumers face is sizing. Some brands have their own measurements, and you might have a variety of pants of different sizes that all fit you the same. This makes it hard to shop.
Most compression pants are one size fits all; they’re made from a soft, elastic material, and they are perfect for anyone. Some compression pants options have certain sizing, like small, large, and extra large, but the tags generally include what pant size ranges they fit. It doesn’t matter what the build of your body is; most sizes will fit anyone.
One thing about compression pants is that there is an option for everyone to like. They’re not meant only for working out but also for casual wear. Unlike most jeans and sweats, compression pants come in a variety of colors and designs, and they are the perfect bottom-wear to look trendy. They look great on their own but can be paired with other styles. There are even men’s leggings with pockets! Men’s tights with pockets are also available, and they’re just as stylish.
On top of that, compression pants make you feel good. They cling firmly to your curves and build, flattering your body. Not only do they make you look sexy, but they help you to feel sexy too.
Compression pants are not just stylish and comfortable, but they are practical as well. They can be worn alone or underneath shorts and pants to offer an extra layer of protection and insulation from the weather. Because the compression pants are thinner, they will be unnoticeable underneath other pants.
Compression pants also serve other purposes.
- Muscle Support and Recovery: Compression pants boost blood flow, which increases oxygen in the muscles. Not only does this help reduce muscle soreness, but it also removes creatine kinase. Increasing blood flow and oxygenation can help to speed up muscle repair and help the wearer regain maximum vertical jumping ability.
- Groin Support: Many compression pants manufacturers have begun to include a crotch cup, which not only helps to keep things in place but also keeps certain parts hidden.
- Performance: When compression pants boost the oxygen in your muscles, this means more energy for the body, which can give the wearer more energy for longer workouts.
- Shock Absorber: Compression leggings absorb the extra vibrations, which reduces skeletal muscle vibrations when you’re moving and can help reduce muscle trauma.
There are compression leggings for men that offer these same benefits.
These benefits are great for everyone, and hopefully, we have convinced you to give compression pants a try. There are many options out there, including compression tights for men.